Pages

12.02.2009

Breeeeeeathe

I somehow turn off my alarm this morning and neglect to set a backup...thereby waking up at 7:23am...23 minutes later than the absolute latest I should be waking up...esp. today of all days!! Luckily, K-bear was already reading in her room...so I didn't have to spend 10 minutes getting her cute little booty up. After picking out outfits, I then go down and have to figure out breakfast...and really quick nutritious breakfast!!!

Plus, this is the morning I have to make cookies and prepare a meal for the JO's fam that is moving to VT tomorrow...and I'm so anal about my cooking.

Kaia's now on the schoolbus & cookies are in the oven....time to start on lunch.

Steaks are marinated, cookies are DONE. Grill is started and I finally let the dogs out. Dogs are in and wiped down of mud. Grill is OFF...yes, OFF. Either it is no longer working or the propane is out. I dunno...now I have 4 steaks I have to pan-fry...yuck and booooooooooooo. This is bordering on being a terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad day....but it's so petty compared to what others are experiencing...like real problems. Anyway...back to being anal about cooking...now I'm pissed since when the Type-A in me wants a specific flavor...I. Want. That. Flavor. Now this family will have to get a sub-par meal. ARGH.

Meal is done, cookies are packed...I shower. Meal is packed, we get lunch @ Chick-fil-A and drop the meal off. It's always sad to see nice people move. Navy lives always allow us to cross paths.

We come home after having a scare that one of the bridges would be up therefore creating the usual traffic mess....luckily, it's not up!! We get home, I poop, and Jaron is read to & put down for a nap.

I decide to be a good daughter for once and actually talk to my mother...because 1) I actually have enough time and quiet to be able to think and have enough patience for her & 2) I should be a better daughter & 3) I would have enough patience. My mom really is great though...she's a really, really wonderful mom. But, both sides are getting slightly annoyed over the conversation of a gym membership. My mom thinks it's a year but like Jan-Dec type of year and I explain that the contract should be good for a year from when you sign. She ends with wanting to call the gym. Good...that's good anyway...since there is a slight chance I might be wrong. Yes, you like how I said SLIGHT? This is what my husband has to put up with. Anyway...a slight argument over gym memberships and more annoyance on my part since my sister & I wanted to get her a membership for Xmas (her old one expired a while ago).

Argh.

2:35pm.

Let the rest of this day go smoother. Hahahaha. 40 minutes till K gets home and hopefully her & Jaron will have a better day. I figured I need to get tougher with them when we're on the phone and they feel like they don't have to use manners and/or listen to any rules we set forth immediately prior to the phone call or established rules. Hahahaha...at least they got a lot of sleep last night!!

Ok...thank you. I feel better now!

Hump day...hubby comes home day after tomorrow...and then goes right into work the next morning...on Saturday.

I complain...but really, it's really so trivial compared to what's going on to so many around me. It's definitely more laughable than anything.

2 comments:

Melis said...

Oh thank goodness! I'm so sorry you've got heaping, steamy piles of crap to deal with too... sometimes I get thinking it's only me! :-) Let's band together and fight the stress lady - let's plan on a coffee date soon. Maybe my girls can help bridge the gap between now and your next niece visit ;-)

Hang in there and let me know if there's ever anything I can do! I know I'm busy and you're always offering ME help, but honestly, busy as I am, doing something good for someone else would make me feel nice and warm inside and that's way healthier than getting the same effect from a good scotch.

*hugs*

Tanya said...

OMG...your girls also contribute to the achiness...but def help bridge those niece visits!!! They're so freakin' adorable...and gooooooooood. Thank you for the offer, Mama! Seriously...this was such a not-so-stressful day...just funny how everything happened all at once. I was NOT the one dealing with all sorts of insect/landlord (I guess they're interchangeable) probs and trying to protect and CARE for my family...and have my BFF move!!! So really...I have NADA to complain about!!