Pages

1.26.2010

Reflection...

Today is arguably one of the hardest days of the year for me and my sister.  It's a day where I vacillate between trying to dull the hurt while not lessening the memories.  Always, the memories win and now I look at it as it being a way to remember.

Time does heal all wounds...but filling the void in a life without a certain loved one still hurts...especially when I have realized that my dad has missed out on 1/3 of my life...never seeing me graduate from college, getting a job on the nat'l level of a civil rights organization, and most importantly...the largest part of my life...meeting my husband and kids.

Even though my hurt is for myself, my sister, and my family...the biggest hurt is for him and that he has missed out on so much and that he hurt so much before he died.

Today...I remember and reflect.

No comments: