Pages

3.26.2010

Figure It Out Friday...

Wordle: Figure It Out Friday

From I'm not sure what I want to be when I grow up...

I've been coveting this piece of art from a fellow sub wife Becca for a while.  I love the quote and it holds so true for us military fams.  "Bloom where you are planted"...that is definitely a saying most military fams can relate to.

Then, I took this photo of a weed growing on our front steps and thought about the metaphorical significance of this little thing growing and thriving in an environment not suited for it.  I thought about the beauty of how things/people placed in adverse situations managed to flourish despite conditions that they are not suited for and/or ideal.  It's the self-discovery of a different kind of strength that so many of us never knew we had to go from a rooted life of relative stability to one that is nomadic and dynamic, often far from the life and loved ones to which you have been accustomed.  Yet, this constant uprooting of myself & my family have done nothing but strengthen us as individuals and as a family.

However, moments after this photo was taken and before I could reshoot the photo, The Hubs came by with the weed killer and promptly annihilated the poor thing.

4 comments:

MollyinMinn said...

Okay, that was so not the ending I was expecting. I guffawed out loud. Oh man...thanks.

Kinsey said...

Very true, except for the end! Haha, made me smile though :)

Liza B. Gonzalez said...

You always have the funniest endings to your stories. Glad to see it on the blog!!!! You rock!!

Tanya said...

Thank you, Ladies!