Pages

3.01.2010

Triste

For those of you not versed en Espanol...that means sad.

Well, the hubby's week-long turnover with the PWEPS (perspective weapons officer) has turned into a week and a half long turnover.  My goal during his turnover...bake a bunch of new cookie recipes to try them out and to feed the USS TN.  I was sick as a dog last week and managed to 1) be hygienic enough not to infect anyone but my hubby and 2) not infect anyone.

I'm all good now.

Last night I made these Martha Stewart PB&J bars.  But, before you cut them you have to refrigerate them.  Unfortunately, we had to go to sleep...so I told Sean to wake me up this morning so I could cut them for him and he could take them to work.  Mind you the man wakes up at 4am and I am NOT a morning person.

He didn't wake me up.  (Because he's thoughtful like that)

He took the bars.  (I'm sure without cutting them and with the IKEA kiddie knife I left in there)

He didn't leave me any.

I've been baking up a storm to try out new recipes and Sean could take 90% of them to work.  

But this time...the USS TN got 100%.

I didn't even get to take pics of my hard work...for my food blog that I rarely update but still take photos for.

Oh my hubby...I love that man.  But really, how can I blame a man who wouldn't wake me up at the butt-crack of dawn.  Who was probably too tired and too sick to even think of saving some of the bars.

Still...I do have a craving for them.

But really, it all goes back to...I've got a really good man.

P.S.
Don't forget to visit Becca's blog to enter in her giveaway!

2 comments:

Steph_Byers said...

hahahaha :) One time I made brownies and Joel took them all!!! Nothing is worse than thinking you're going downstairs to eat something yummy... and they're all gone. What a bummer. You're such a good wife :)

Tanya said...

See! You understand!! I did manage to get him to save me a couple afterall.

Good wife? Nah. Just want to practice my baking skills and not have a coronary in the process. ;o)