Pages

3.15.2010

Mom n' Me Monday

BWS tips button


My wonderful friend Melissa over @ The Zookeeper's Diary (a must visit if you haven't already) participated in Julie's (from The Peanut Gallery...exit here...also a must read) Mom n' Me Monday.  A fantastic idea if A) you're a Mom and B) you're the sole photographer in the family.

So, since I thought my kids were destined to grow up wondering where Mom was during all their trips, important times, and just hanging out...I guess I'll start having some proof that I wasn't just their personal chef and photographer.  


Not that I mind...but maybe it'll be nice to see myself years from now and think "Wow, you look pretty good as your pre-Botox-Juvaderm-Restalyn self!"

JUST KIDDING!!!

I have enough on my plate to worry about what bad things I'll pass along to my daughter, I don't want (body) image issues to be one of them.

So, since I don't know when was the last time I took a photo with my kids (which almost always involves you seeing my arms outstretched as I hold the camera)...here's one with Kaia, my eldest, taken while goofing off with our brand new toy (an iMac) in October '09.


I swear...this girl freakin' rocks.  She's got an empathetic heart of gold.  A sense of humor that is beyond her years.  A memory that's going to bite me in the butt in a few years...

And a smile that continually melts my heart and reminds me why it's so awesome to be her mom.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love your post. Very cool picture.
What is it about kids and their memories?? I seriously have kids with the brains of elephants. THE NEVER FORGET a thing I say. (well, except when it comes to cleaning their rooms, and picking up their junk! ha) Selective memory, I guess!

Thanks for participating. I love Melissa's blog too. ;)

Michelle A'etonu said...

i saw a mommy and me post for the first time on someone else's blog tonight. what a great idea! i can't wait to make my own post. You and your daughter are just adorable...I love that cool picture!